Monday, February 21, 2011

Thanks for Nothin!

One of the best feelings, the tranquility of Sunday afternoon when you have Monday off, but yesterday was ruined. Our landlady who lives in California was in town and wanted to come by and pick up some of her belongings in the garage and meet us. It took a turn for the weird, lasted five hours, and in the end had H helping her pack her car including tying down some stuff on the top, and her taking art she wanted to take back with her directly off our walls. Did I mention we’re paying for a FURNISHED place? It was obvious although we’re paying her a premium, she thinks we’re house-sitting for her and she’s doing us a favor.


While the last thing I want to do is move AGAIN and leave our gorgeous view, we’ve reached the point of no return. Ugh. H keeps saying not to be mad but to think about this as a good thing. I need to work through my mad and my anxiety.

On the bright side on Saturday as A and I were talking about this visit, A was trying to guess what she’d look like and bet me an ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. I won. Of course when I won she had to tell me that that didn’t include the “gotta have it” large size at Cold Stone. So after a morning run, we headed over to get our “like it” ice creams. I joked that when the woman asked me what mix-in I wanted I was going to respond with, “hang on, I’ve got a list” to make it the most expensive “like it” in history.

No comments: