Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Last Festival Post

Okay, so I'll stop going on and on about movies and make this my last post about Sundance.  Sunday, the last day of the festival, I decided to not try and use all of my last three vouchers but instead just use one and take A and try and use my one last guest voucher for her.  The movies on Sunday were very full.  Our chances looked pretty good in the waitlist line as we pulled numbers 4 and 5 so that meant that if there were at least five extra seats, we were in.  The movie in question, to.get.her.  I don't want to give too much away but only to say that I liked it more after listening to the writer/director's explanation and message.
to.get.her Q&A
As we were queueing in the waitlist line another volunteer from Portland came up to us and asked us if we wanted the two extra tickets she had been given which meant we got to step out of the waitlist line and into the actual line, we were in!  Immediately I started thinking, this means we can see one more film since we don't have to use our volunteer and guest vouchers!  I had to calm myself.  H must have seen the OCD in my eyes earlier in the week when I told him I was going to use all my vouchers.  At some point it stopped being about the actual films and just an obsession to see more more more!

After the film upon our return I told H that I had sat through 20 screenings over the last 10 days and looked forward to annoying all my friends and family as throughout the year movies were released and I was able to say, "Oh I saw that at Sundance".  He said sitting through a work week's worth of movies was his idea of hell but I would have been ready to do it again.  So here's the list, with Another Happy Day being the only one that annoyed the hell out of me.

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey
Submarine
Pariah
Like Crazy
Higher Ground
How to Die in Oregon
Another Happy Day
Miss Representation
Granito
The Black Power Mixtape
Grab
Troubadours
Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (2nd viewing)
Rebirth
Position Among the Stars
Salvation Boulevard
Shut Up Little Man! An Audio Misadventure
The Music Never Stopped
Becoming Chaz
to.get.her

No comments: