Friday, August 15, 2008

I've Got To Get Another Camera...


When I lived in St. Louis K and I would sometimes cover live shows for a music magazine’s website in exchange for tickets to the show. I told H the first time we got to do this, “Free concert tickets…it might be a sign of low expectations for myself, but I can now die having met all my goals”. So last night I was back in the zone as I made my way down to Brixton which is south of the Thames to cover a Kings of Leon concert at the Carling Academy. I was looking forward to it but was also nervous because I was solo, without my partner in crime.

The security guy in the photographer’s pit in front of the stage, who looked mean as hell turned out to be the only gentleman in the crowd. He took pity on me and helped me get some great shots. All the other photographers had backpacks full of expensive equipment and all I had was my Canon PowerShot!

No comments: