Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wicked in the West End


As an early birthday present I took A yesterday to a matinee of Wicked in London. We saw it a few years ago in Chicago with our good friends L and Mel, so I wasn’t totally excited about seeing it. A couldn’t wait. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it more than I expected. The actress who played Elpheba was absolutely amazing. It’s the first time I’ve been to a matinee performance and that was nice as well. There was a more relaxed feel than when you go in the evenings. It was an excellent afternoon.

A didn’t realize this but I got a bit emotional during the play because I feel the summer slipping away from us. School starts in two weeks and I can tell she is so nervous about it and I’m starting to feel really bad about putting her through this. She cried this week because school started in St. Louis and she is missing her friends. Life seems to be moving fast when it comes to her growing up. Thirteen is only two weeks away!

On a lighter note, I can tell she’s becoming a teenager because I took her picture outside the theatre and when looking at it, her first comment was “Oh my God I look so fat”.

No comments: