Sunday, May 4, 2008

Local Pub


There’s a local pub that I pass every day that was established in 1617 and I never see anyone from work go into it. I have always wanted to take a look inside because of the age of the place, but wondered if there was a reason no one ate lunch there, so I asked. Turns out that no, people just tend to take it for granted. A group of us decided to go there for lunch on Friday, some for the food and some because they serve Newcastle Brown Ale. It is one of those places that even though you can no longer smoke in a pub in England, it feels like people should be smoking there. They also have a pub dog. He barks at me every morning as I pass. I had a fine bowl of chili and others had nice sandwiches.

As I passed the pub this morning, the dog was sitting in the doorway and I took this picture of him. I like the picture because the light makes him look like a ghost. He promptly started barking at me right after I took his picture.

No comments: