Monday, January 28, 2008

Perfect Friday Night?

It’s funny what sometimes makes for a perfect Friday night as you age. L had told me over Friday breakfast that they were going out for dinner Friday night and she would leave me the key to the kitchen if I wanted to cook myself a meal while they were out. Knowing I could cook my own meal, take a bath, and watch the final two episodes of Heroes, Season One on DVD sounded like the perfect night.

After our nightly call, and H and I debating different scenarios with the house, my stomach hurt. We’ve had two people recently make appointments to come and look at it and then not show up, which is worse than no calls at all. It didn’t feel like such a perfect night after all.

With the sun rising Saturday morning, I was ready for a new day. A sunny Saturday morning with no have-to’s on the list is one of the best feelings in the world.

No comments: