Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bedroom Break-In

I woke up to quite a start this morning. I could hear L saying to little B through his bedroom door that it wasn’t funny, to open the door. It turns out that he had slammed his bedroom door in a huff and it then could not be unlocked. L and I proceeded with the cordless drill to try and take the door handle off, which didn’t help. L said to me, I may need to call the fireman to get him out. As we worked on the door, B asked through the door with all of the hope and anticipation of a 6 year old boy, “Is the fireman out there yet?” While this was distressing to a mom hoping to get her son to school on time, you could tell this was a bit thrilling to B. When the neighbor came after a call to break the door to get into the room, B was crestfallen at the prospect of getting to school on time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there was a Leave it to Beaver very similar to this...Gus and the other firefighters did come to rescue MaryJane or some little girl the boys were babysitting. I think it was Fred's daughter...it's been awhile. You don't suppose B saw this episode, do you???

Laura Parker