Saturday, November 24, 2007

Pizza!

My colleague/new roommate H invited me to go out to dinner in North London last night with another work colleague, her husband, and another friend. Our other work colleague, L is Italian. She recommended we go to an Italian restaurant in Islington where a lot of Italians go for dinner. Three of us at the table ordered pizza, with different toppings. It came out on a wooden plank as one pizza that was about a yard long, divided only by the toppings on the different sections. I had my favourite pizza, Quattro formaggi, and for a moment, all was right in the world. Their version did not have tomato sauce on it, but instead just some olive oil and fresh basil with four cheeses. We finished with tiramisu, and by the end of the night, I finally understood the whole election process here in the UK! Since H just moved from London and does not drive, she gave me some helpful tips on the bus system in London. We had a very cold train ride home. The train heating units were not able to keep up with the dropping temperatures last night.

No comments: