Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another Long-Term Guest

Everyone that is now staying at the B&B is a long-term guest. The last room that rotated the most, which is across the hall from me, has been occupied by one of my work colleagues. Buying property in the UK seems like a nightmare that can stretch on for months. She had moved out of her flat in London and was purchasing one in a nearby village. There have been so many delays in the purchase that she had to find temporary housing. She told L over breakfast that she needed to book her room until Christmas at least. We were joking last week over dinner that we need to put a wager on who will actually move out first. We have another person added now to the mix.

The B&B owners may be planning a trip to the States on the first of January. H was concerned that when I got back from Christmas in the States I would have nowhere to live if they were vacationing. I asked L about it and she told me not to worry, I would have keys to get in even if they were not there. She joked and said, “You may be running the place until we get back!”

No comments: