Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day of School

For the county of Buckinghamshire, yesterday was the first day of school. It was fun seeing all the school children in their uniforms. Even little B that lives at my B&B showed up for breakfast in a school sweater, with dress shirt and tie. So cute.

When I was telling the head honcho at work that I am living with a family in a B&B until my family arrives, he looked at me like I was crazy and said, you like that??? It really has been wonderful. Every morning, we talk over breakfast. Yesterday, L invited me to go out to eat with her and B to celebrate his first day of school. She fields all my crazy questions about British life like what do people think of David and Victoria Beckham or what is a WAG? (A WAG is a wife or girlfriend of a footballer. They grace all of the tabloids). I appreciate their kindness.

1 comment:

Manuel Labor said...

R in DC
I was have a lark at your blog and decided to follow up on the WAGs. I came across several statements at SKY Showbiz that I'd like to run by you and your lovely hosts.

What is "on the razzle"
pals headed out on the razzle after dining at Hell's Kitchen.

Is "snaps" similar to vittles (Huntsville) or tasty treats (St. Louis)
And boy, did they serve up some interesting snaps...

Is lark similar to gaze or gander?
" having a general lark about with Michelle Scott-Lee and Nikki Grahame

ok, that's all I've got right now for the home game thats taking New England by storm - "What the heck are those Bloats saying"

Remember, if you want that trip across the pond to be shorter, we're just blocks from the UK embassy.

-RC