Friday, August 17, 2007

Mosquito Repellent?



Living in St. Louis you cannot escape a good mosquito story. Anyone who is naturally paranoid is paranoid about catching the West Nile Virus from a mosquito bite. It never worried me although mosquitoes do love me. Because of the unusually damp weather here there was a story in the newspaper this morning about mosquitoes. The usual preventative measures were listed like using a repellent with Deet in it. But The Times also suggested eating Marmite because mosquitoes seem to hate it. At that very moment I raised my eyes to the butter and jelly selection on my breakfast table and stared at the Marmite. Should I try it out of curiosity? I'm here to tell you that it looks like molasses and tastes like a foul beef bullion cube. Don't even ask me why I know what a bullion cube tastes like!

1 comment:

Poodlebugz said...

Maybe you could smear the Marmite on your body to repel the "skeeters"?!

It would probably repel anyone else within a 100 meter radius as well. Hahahaha!

I think Marmite is one of those things you have to try but not necessarily like. It would be on my list, along with some form of black pudding and steak and kidney pie. I'm leaning towards not liking either one of those, but I'm game to try at least once...although, if you'd like to go first and then report back, I'd be much obliged!