Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Lunch


When I was telling folks that I was moving to England, the number one subject they wanted to discuss was the food. They had either experienced or knew someone who had experienced bad English food in their travels. When we were here back in June we ate mostly Italian food so I couldn't speak to how English food tasted. I thought to myself, how can the food be bad? This is a country that advocates eating cookies daily by calling them biscuits. See here in the picture the in room tea service that's provided each day including two biscuits.
This morning I slept through breakfast so when I woke up I went directly to the hotel cafe for some caffeine and lunch. I have noticed on several lunch menus here a prawn and avocado sandwich so I thought I would give it a try. What came on the plate was ciabatta bread with slices of avocado and cocktail shrimp mixed with mayo to make a salad. It was tasty. On the side with the sandwich was chips and salsa. The chips were good but the salsa was like sweet ketchup with some relish mixed in. Sometimes at hotels even in the States the food can be weird so I'm going to chalk that salsa up to hotel food. Besides, the cappuccino that they made was divine and also included two biscuits!

No comments: