Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day One is Finished

To my great relief, day one of work is over and everyone was very hospitable. I was asked several times throughout the day where I was staying and I always answered Beaconsfield (long E sound). The last person I told this to at about 6:30 pm told me that it was pronounced Beckonsfield. I laughed and said thank you for telling me instead of just walking out of my office and having a laugh at my expense. It was not my only mispronunciation of the day.

This picture is of High Street in Chesham which is almost directly behind the office building. While it has been sunny and in the 70s since I got here, today it rained all day. It wasn’t a hard rain, but heavier than a mist. I was so thrilled when I saw my new office space. It reminded me so much of the office that I had when we lived in Germany

My dear friend L, you had sent me an email asking about curry. This article was in the newspaper today and I thought it was very interesting and the recipe looked delicious. Enjoy!

No comments: