Sunday, August 12, 2007

Trip to Uxbridge


It's Sunday and the closest town to my hotel is a village that is not in walking distance. I over-slept and was desperate to have a cup of coffee and also buy a few essentials so the ladies at the front desk recommended that I take a taxi to Uxbridge. The buildings in Uxbridge are a mix of old and new. While there are beautiful old buildings like the ones in this picture there is also a mall and the ever-present Starbucks (no I didn't get my cup of coffee there). I went into the Boots pharmacy to buy some shampoo and a hair dryer and noticed on their sign of services offered "emergency contraception" was listed. I found this funny since in America you would never see birth control advertised so openly, let alone EMERGENCY birth control!

No comments: