Sunday, July 17, 2011

One of the Scariest Experiences Ever

So far I am loving the Screenwriter's Project.  I've met with my mentor once and she gave me some great tips.  It has got to be one of the best feelings in the world when you write something and someone describes what they took away from it and it is EXACTLY what you wanted to convey. 

We had our first peer group meeting.  We've been broken up into smaller groups of 10 to meet on a monthly basis and have what we've written so far read aloud to the group.  Act One outlines are what we are currently working on.  First off, I loved hearing everyone's ideas.  There were a few that just by hearing the Act One outline I'd so buy a ticket to see.  My outline was the last to be read and I stared at my shoes the whole time.  The feedback was so helpful and it inspired me to re-work a few things.  One of my peers said they didn't know where the story was going to go and she was excited to hear the rest.  Of course because I'm slightly OCD that night I dreamt about that like it was the biggest pressure of my life.

Can't wait for next month's meeting! 

No comments: