Saturday, November 20, 2010

M Visits

My friend M was in town this week for work. We have quite a history, she and I, knowing each other now for about fourteen years. It’s been at least three years since we’ve seen each other face to face and it brought back so many memories, memories of a different time and place when we were settled and living in the South. It wouldn’t be possible now to go back there, and I am glad for all the experiences since then but it did make me a little sad. It's always good to reconnect with an old friend and find there is still a connection, and for that I am grateful. And as always we laughed so hard my cheeks hurt.


On the Wednesday when she was here, I had a ticket to go see Brandon Flowers and Fran Healy, lead singer of the Scottish band Travis opened for him. Fran sang an acoustic version of Writing to Reach You and it’s stuck with me all week. That song to me is all about a sense of longing and feeling discombobulated. Seeing old friends always makes me feel a little bit like that. Here's the video.

No comments: