Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sister Wives

I was wrong when the show Sister Wives was actually going to start, it starts tonight. It’s getting a ton of press. A few weeks ago our dryer stopped working, a plague that seems to follow us country to country, I headed to the laundromat to dry some clothes, and in walked a guy and two women in their 30s to wash bedding. The idea of polygamists living among us must have permeated my brain and now I’m looking for it. I came home and mentioned it to H and asked him if he thought it was a polygamous family and his response was, “The laundromat attracts the strange. I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion”. True, when entering the Laundromat you do have to throw out all normal perceptions of other’s actions but I’m not giving up on my summation of what I saw.


While I hate that a stereotype of Utah is just going to be reinforced in the rest of the country’s mind, I have to admit, I am intrigued. It’s just one thing in a long list of things that people do for religion that make everyone scratch their heads in confusion.

P.S. If you do watch the show, comment with a review!

No comments: