Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's Been Difficult To Write Lately

Not because I have writer’s block or nothing to say but because of a skylight. A’s room has no windows but has a skylight right above her bed. By 9am if you walk past her room a natural reaction is to try the light switch thinking she left the light on and realize it’s the skylight, it is so bright. I usually write in the mornings when I’m the only one awake but because of the skylight it’s not uncommon for me to wake up at 7am on a Saturday and find her in the living room flipping channels and complaining about the skylight.  So while I've been loving getting reacquainted with the sun, she's not so keen.


It’s overcast this morning! I’m all alone and it’s 7:21am!  But by 7:37, A was on the couch next to me complaining of the light.

No comments: