Monday, December 7, 2009

One Long Ramble

Depression is the name of the game right now. I don’t know if it’s the holiday season or a combination of other factors but I find myself on the weekends staring off into space, not accomplishing anything but self-analysis to the point that I make myself sick...of myself!


The weather has turned rainy and cold, not a good combination. I find myself wondering why is it so easy to stick with a bad habit, yet the good ones fall by the wayside in a matter of days. Exercise! Stick!

I’ve been baking some Christmas cookies to take as gifts to work. It’s the first time I’ve been able to do that in a few years and I am enjoying it. Even more reason to get the exercise program going regularly.

I was feeling down a few weeks ago thinking about expectations and work and things ending up differently than I expected here and H said to me that if we left tomorrow, he’d think the move was still a success. My first reaction was disagreement, but after I thought about it for awhile, it is true.

I got some bad news from home this week. A dear family friend, someone who has been like a second mother to me and my brothers passed away. It’s strange hearing that news and being so far away because without being able to go and grieve, it feels like it really didn’t happen.

I figure this pity party may last until December 31st but no longer. New decade, new attitude.

1 comment:

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you my friend...