Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is There A Patron Saint of Cotton Candy?






Our next stop was interesting. I’m not quite sure how we decided to get off of the bus but I am glad we did. We were supposed to take a tram up but the tram was closed so we had to take a public bus up to a mountain top location that operated another tram that took you that much higher. What was up at the top besides some gorgeous views of the city… oddly enough it was a beautiful church and an amusement park.

The amusement park definitely seemed like a local attraction since we were the only ones speaking English. It had the universal carnival smell of popcorn and cotton candy mixed together, but it also had a full bar. The rides took advantage of being on a mountain top. A ride that doesn’t seem all that scary is a hell of a lot scarier when it looks like you’re going to fall off the side of a mountain! Genius! Meg, K , and I decided to ride the ferris wheel. No big deal, right? When we got on and it went up and stopped to let others on and we were at the highest point and our little car started to rock back and forth, I seriously thought I was going to die. I’m usually all in for that kind of stuff as long as I’m not being spun around like a top. I really should learn my lesson since my only near death experience was a German carnival ride years ago. I couldn’t take any pictures. I just looked down and prayed for this experience to be over. Well played amusement park designers, well played! It hadn’t even occurred to me to just look up at Jesus’ open loving arms…

2 comments:

Poodlebugz said...

So, does Spanish cotton candy taste like U.S. cotton candy? I know it's bad for me, but that's the one carnival/fair food that I always get, no matter how many times I say that I'm not. And, it's best if it's still a little warm from the cotton candy machine. : )

J said...

It sure smelled the same. I didn't get any further than that.