Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back from Camp

H and I headed to Surrey Saturday morning to pick up A and her buddy J from camp. They had a great time. H and I had to laugh at the greeting (or lack of greeting) we received when we got there. I remember the last time we picked her up from camp which was 2003 or 2004 that she came running to us to give us a hug. This time, she must have seen us coming through the window and began hugging all of her friends goodbye. We stood there as she had her back to us for a good five minutes before she casually walked over to us and gave us a hug. Another funny, was that when we arrived to pick up the girls, we were directed to the “bar” where all the kids were gathered. I was surprised to walk into a building and see an actual bar. It was behind lock and key but the Jack Daniels was lined up next to the Jim Beam. When we got in the car I said to A, what’s up with the bar and she said something like “it’s probably for the counselors when they have had enough of the kids”. The pick-up time was the only time they were ever allowed in that building. This made me laugh. She said a few people on her arrival thought she was faking an American accent.

One of the places they went through on their hike was called The Devil's Punch Bowl. That name really makes me laugh. Here's the wikipedia link.

No comments: