Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Night Dinner





Having the day off today H and I went to our local grocery store and were amazed at the full parking lot at high noon. The same thought ran through both of our heads, don’t these people work? The English like to share their love of the queue and give off the impression that everything is orderly in their lives. Well, get in a busy grocery store with a hundred or so and I am telling you, THEY WILL RUN YOUR ASS OVER. I had a woman pushing a cart into the back of my legs. Someone was doing a knife demonstration and H stopped to watch. I had to keep circling around the aisles because there was nowhere I could stop and watch myself without being run hit. I felt an anxiety attack coming on.

He’s been doing all the cooking so I thought I would try out an English recipe from a cookbook I got from the library. It’s Toad in the Hole with Onion Gravy. I thought it was delicious if I don’t say so myself.

2 comments:

Poodlebugz said...

So, you wrapped those sausages in bacon? I love you!!!

Mw

J said...

I'll send you the recipe. I could eat the gravy by itself with a spoon, LOL.