Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finally, A Chapter (Almost) Closes


Well, it looks like since 11:00pm Monday night UK time a successful transaction was made in the Chicago area thanks to my buddy Mel and our last big possession in the U.S., my leased Beetle, is now no longer mine. She is mailing me the papers today so I can sign them and send them back and then as they say in England, it will be done and dusted. It has been a long process getting rid of this car. When we were home in the States I think I spent about two hours a day between phone calls and various office visits to get it sorted and it still wasn’t done before we left. It was like having a very sharp pebble in your shoe and not being able to stop and shake it out. Over and over again I felt like I was being taught a lesson by the universe. While I adored my car, I bought it when I had a perfectly fine car to drive just because I was having a very low point at work. Oh well, moving on! Once the paperwork is returned, it will be time to shop for a car here, which I am absolutely dreading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's quite a case of Buyer's Remorse.

Perhaps the Universe was hoping to show to you how strong you and your family are; how much you care for each other. And how much you can and will do to make things happen.

Or maybe the Universe prefers Toyotas?

Have fun car shopping. New car smell again!

laura parker