Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Black Parade

Hard to believe that A. will start school in less than a month now (September 3rd). She will need a proper school uniform plus a “PE Kit”. I discussed this list with the next door neighbor who has had three kids at A’s soon to be school to make sure that she really needed everything on the list. I also asked, can she really only wear a black jacket/coat and carry a black bag and the answer was yes. The neighbor was telling me not to worry about buying “football boots”. I thought I would google that later because I have no idea what a football boot is so there is no chance I might intentionally buy them. Here’s what the uniform list looks like. The only thing that makes A. happy about it is that it is mostly black.

Black blazer with school badge
Black trousers (NOT jeans) or Black knee length skirt
Black socks
Black V neck jumper (sweater in the U.S.)
White V neck blouse or white shirt with tie
Plain black coat
Large plain black rucksack/shoulder bag
Plain black scarf (no logos)
One small, plain stud in each ear-lobe. No other piercings are permitted.
Wrist watch

PE Kit
Navy blue school polo shirt with logo
Navy blue shorts
Navy blue tracksuit trousers with logo
Navy blue sweatshirt with logo
Navy blue with pale blue stripe socks
Trainers (tennis shoes in the U.S.)

No comments: