Monday, May 26, 2008

Yeah! My Friends are Here!


Even when I moved to St. Louis I still had the opportunity to see my Huntsville friends on a somewhat regular basis. I realized having my friends T and J here this week how much I miss seeing my Huntsville friends since that luxury is now gone. We had a really great couple of days before they headed off to Paris Sunday.

Knowing I have been very tense at work lately and knowing I had good friends visiting, a friend at work said to me on Friday, “I do hope that you will be laughing ridiculously the whole weekend”. Mission accomplished. We also had a fabulous lunch in Chinatown on Saturday and walked through St. James Park as well as past Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, etc. Since J is a musician, we also hit a lot of the music stores on Denmark Street looking at vintage and new guitars as well as some of the independent record stores in Soho. And yes, it seems to be a global trend that employees of music stores are snarky. We got to witness one “you idiot customer” moment and it gave us something to laugh about later in the day.

Selfishly for me, it was nice to be the person at the restaurant or on the tube who had someone to socialize with instead of my face buried in a book or lost in my iPod. I like my alone time but it’s been too long.


No comments: