Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bank Holiday/Memorial Day

You would think knowing that the family’s arrival is getting so close I’d be able to cope a little bit better but instead I’m falling apart. Here it was Monday, a bank holiday and also Memorial Day in the U.S. feeling hungover from my visit with my friends. Note there was no alcohol involved. I just felt bad all day and the weather was terrible. I checked what the temperature and found out it was 50 degrees and couldn’t believe it. It felt so much colder than that.

Knowing that IKEA runs a shuttle bus from the tube station to their store every half hour I thought I would give that a go and do some preliminary house shopping. I got to the tube station and stood out in the rain with my umbrella with about thirty other people for the shuttle that DOES NOT come every 30 minutes. The rain was basically horizontal due to the wind. After getting on the shuttle to be told to get off with about ten other people because the shuttle was too full, I called it a day and came back to my room, curled back up under the covers in my pajamas, and caught up on some American television via iTunes. I’m also halfway through Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead, determined to finish it before the family gets here.

I guess I’ll buy a tea kettle and some beds another day.

No comments: