Sunday, May 18, 2008

Southampton


Being in Southampton for a conference means I didn’t see anything of Southampton except the conference center. One of our opening speakers was from Australia and he shared with the mostly UK audience how his family left Southampton many generations ago to start a new life in Australia so it was touching to be there. Everyone found that quite endearing. It made me wonder why there’s a bit of contempt for the U.S., a former colony while Australia is looked at so lovingly. I guess it’s because we gave England the big F-you while the queen is still prominently displayed on the coins of Australia. (I can just imagine the comments I’m going to get for that statement!)

One of our evening events was a river cruise with our customers. The weather was perfect for this, with just one moment of rain. It was very nice and gave us all a break from the conference center.

No comments: