Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm Not a Morning Person

The other night I was in my room when some B&B guests were checking in. L didn’t know I was in and they were staying in the room across from me. I heard her telling them, “This is J’s room. She is a lovely American woman who’s been staying with us”. Then of course inevitably I have to sit across the table from these people at breakfast and I’m really not in the mood for small talk. Those are the mornings when I eat quickly or just skip breakfast and move on. I don’t want the lovely American lady to be the reason they don’t have a return guest.

Thankfully, these particular guests were in town to go to a bon voyage party and were drunk the entire weekend. I can handle the amount of conversation that two people with hangovers are willing to engage in.

No comments: