Saturday, May 10, 2008

Embracing the Warm Weather

The weather has really been beautiful hovering in the 60’s with an odd shower here and there. Last weekend I was surprised to hear that the local outdoor swimming pool opened. When I gave a shocked response to this news, I was told well it’s a heated pool. Unless it’s a hot tub, it’s still too cold in American terms. Most of the U.S. don’t open public pools until the end of May, around Memorial Day and anyone who goes to the pool that first week usually gets a puzzled look because it’s considered too cold still.

But I’ve noticed that everyone is now walking around in tank tops and I have seen one too many shirtless males. The B&B guest that sat across the table from me yesterday at breakfast was pushing the limits of her spaghetti-strapped blouse. There was a lot of breast happening and it wasn’t a good thing.

By the way, I learned that tank top has a different meaning here. A tank top here is what we would call a sweater vest.

No comments: