Friday, April 4, 2008

Ripping on the United States

I was recently instant messaging with my buddy M in Houston. I had to tell him that while I was in Australia that someone from the UK said to me that if they had lived in the U.S. when they were getting a divorce, they would have shot their husband in the leg. They wouldn’t kill him, they would have just hurt him. I told him that I had to explain to this person that even though we can buy a gun in the U.S., shooting people still is illegal and unacceptable. M’s response was, “Do they think that it’s like Deadwood in the U.S.?” I’ve been surprised by other crazy comments about my home country. I won’t go into it here because I’d rather the idiots not get their due. That one was just too funny. Let’s just say, ignorance can be universal.

No comments: