Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Resetting the Body Clock

Week two and only one night since I got back have I gone to bed before about two o’clock in the morning. I have a very difficult time getting back into the groove. I think it is for a couple of reasons. First, I am not getting any exercise. I keep telling myself that I’m going to walk after work but it has been raining pretty hard every morning and every night this week. Second, I live in one room so my bed is my work space and sleeping space. All of the advice that you read about getting rid of insomnia talks about not using the bed for anything but sleep. And last, since I get on my laptop in the evenings to talk to my family, I’m always checking work email which gets my mind cranking away. This morning I trudged through the rain to be faced with a problem with a customer as soon as I walked through the door. I just wanted to cry, so it’s taking its toll.

No comments: