Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Movie or Theatre?




I was really in the mood for a movie Saturday night and thought since I was in London I might catch something there. I found out that the Coen Brother’s film, No Country for Old Men had a sneak preview this weekend so I thought I would check it out. When I got to the theatre and saw that an adult ticket at a Leicester Square cinema would cost £12.50 (about $25.00), I just couldn’t do it. I decided if I was going to make an investment for the evening I would see about getting a theatre ticket so I headed to the half price ticket stalls to see what the cheapest single ticket would be. I was able to go see the musical Blood Brothers for £20.00. I wasn’t crazy about the play, but there is something about the live theatre environment that can’t be beat. For the film, I’ll wait for DVD.

No comments: