Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Election

When I talked to my dad when I was home he asked me what I thought of the presidential race. I told him that I didn’t want to pay attention until the candidates are decided. This topic also came up when I saw my buddies L & R as the results of the Iowa caucus were being totalled. We reminisced about a Halloween party we attended the October before the last Presidential election and how confident we felt that Bush would be defeated. Just sitting in the airport Sunday watching CNN analyze the race made me nervous. Then I got on the plane and there was an American and two Brits talking, also analyzing the results of the caucus. It was hard for me not to jump in since I didn’t really agree with the American’s viewpoint. Oh, I hope to escape some of the media attention surrounding the election, but surprisingly (or not) there is a lot of coverage here. It’s not that I am not interested, it just makes me very anxious.

No comments: