Monday, December 10, 2007

Something's Missing

You know how sometimes you get involved in something at work and you are in the middle of it and think you might die before it draws to a conclusion? That’s me these days. I left the office at 1:30pm, desperate for a break and found myself wandering aimlessly down the High Street. I’d picked up a sandwich, perused the charity shops’ bookshelves and realized a book wasn’t what I wanted. I thought no, I just want a little diversion to read as I eat my sandwich. Newspaper? No thanks, since it usually makes me so depressed that I can’t stand it. What is missing??? I finally realized what it was. People Magazine is my guilty pleasure. I love People Magazine. People has the perfect mix of the human interest and celebrity stuff. It’s not all trash, but contains a healthy dose of it. I can’t get it here at the newsstands. I have looked over the magazine selections, and frankly I don’t have time to invest in getting to know the trashy celebrities here. I’ve got too much invested in the American celebs.

No comments: