Monday, December 10, 2007

Appetizer Season

I was invited to dinner at a friend's house tomorrow night so I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get a bottle of wine as a gift. I walked past a refrigerated section that had appetizers. Two boxes of appetizers caught my eye. One was labeled an "American Collection", so I had to look. It contained mini crab cakes and potato wedges. The other was called "Devils on Horseback". I had never heard of this before, but found a link to a recipe.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Okay, so there's a Sandra Lee connection to the Devils on Horseback. In one of her Semi-Ho episodes on Food Network she made a similar recipe using dates, pineapple, and bacon. What's particularly awesome is that she exclaimed they tasted like BBQ potato chips which I thought was hilarious. Of course, this clip is documented out on the YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vxr4_0_NdbA

Isn't it more Semi-Ho to just start off with a bag of BBQ potato chips?

Unknown said...

...a prune delight! Yika!