Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Sunday

My husband H can tell you, if I get annoyed or in a mood, it is sometimes difficult for me to snap out of it. I know it’s immature, but I never said I wasn’t that. So today was the day for Thanksgiving dinner at the house, and think about this… shopping for Thanksgiving dinner for seven or eight people without a car. It was a good thing the temperature warmed up today because I had to make two trips to the grocery store with my backpack and several bags in my hands up the hill back to the B&B. The dressing recipe that I was planning to make was a bust because I couldn’t find polenta which my friend M had said should work for cornmeal. I decided to just wing it and I was in a mood. Here was the menu.

Wine (lots of it)
Roast Chicken
Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Sausage Dressing
Apple Brown Betty with Ice Cream

We ended up having a lovely meal or they were all lying to me, and I didn’t have to ply them with alcohol! I didn’t want to have to go into London to get pumpkin, so I went for one of my daughter A’s favorites, Apple Brown Betty. I am glad the meal is behind me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I've been worried about this meal! Actually lost sleep.

Poodlebugz said...

See, I knew you could do it! Your menu sounded great, and it sounds like all went well...although the whole 1-9 on the oven dial would have required a half a bottle of wine on it's own!

Now, make these people some mac and cheese! : )