Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Giving Up

In the last two days I have had conversations with both county educational authorities. Also, one of the Vice Presidents at work who had to write a letter to the educational authority to explain my situation has also had a call with one of these authorities. Her exasperated response about the call was, “They were quite rude”. It was recommended to me that I should try and find a school first and then find a place to live and I think over the last few months, it has become glaringly obvious that that is an impossibility. I wish I could have transcribed the last conversation because it was comical. So I have picked out a village nearby where if we rent, our address will cleverly disguise us as rich people and rich kids don’t go to bad schools, so I am hoping our address will see us through.

No comments: