Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Shock on the Way to Dinner

N and I had a very lazy day today. We decided to have dinner at the Queen’s Head a local pub that serves delicious Thai food. It was N’s second visit there. The Queen’s Head is in a gorgeous old part of town and just as we were walking through and I was telling N how much I liked this area with the uneven front doors, shorter than us both, I noticed a couple on bikes across the street smiling and looking in our direction. I was wondering, what the heck are they smiling at? When I finally saw what they were smiling at I jumped and screamed. In one of those tiny cottages was a gigantic bloodhound with a head bigger than mine that was hanging out the window of the cottage. When I noticed him, his nose was about two inches from N’s shoulder as she walked in front of me and passed him. When I screamed the bloodhound just looked in my direction with those bloodshot eyes and droopy skin but never barked. As I tried to get my camera out to take his picture, he pulled his head back into the cottage and went on his merry way. I will now probably become obsessed trying to see this dog again. Maybe it’s just his cottage. I can’t imagine anyone else fitting in there with him!

No comments: