Saturday, October 13, 2007

N and I Go to London


So, as I have already mentioned, N and I spent the day in London on Thursday. N is my mom’s brother’s daughter. We were born three months apart so inevitably we were close when we were very young, but haven’t seen each other but periodically over the years when I happened to be in her city for business travel. We had so much to talk about. In a way, London was probably wasted on us on Thursday because we would be walking the streets, seeing amazing things but we were so engrossed in conversation, that we didn’t see much.

We started out with a tour of Westminster Abbey. I have no pictures because they do not allow photography. We thought we would try and track down a pub in Knightsbridge that N had heard about. It was called the Nag’s Head. Me, when I go around trying to find something I just struggle in silence until I find my destination. N takes the bull by the horns and asks everyone for directions. This is how we found ourselves in a lingerie boutique that sold bras for £250.00 (around $500). N walked by the shop and said, “Those two in there look like they have nothing to do”, looking at the two clerks. This cracked me up because really, do you need two sales clerks for a 10 by 10 lingerie shop? They buzzed us in and were surprisingly very eager to help. She was right; they needed a little afternoon challenge. We found the pub and had some nice sandwiches since we had missed the true lunch hour. We sat at the little table close to others, staring at an autographed picture of Robbie Williams, who used to be a regular patron (no longer since rehab!).

After deciding on a show to see we headed to the theatre. Cabaret was very good. I was telling N before the show that I want to take A to a show when she gets here since she is such a fan of musicals. I probably wouldn’t pick Cabaret to take her to since the subject matter is so mature. After seeing full frontal nudity of both sexes by intermission, N said to me that I better choose A’s show carefully!

No comments: