Tuesday, October 23, 2007

American Delicacies


I stopped by Selfridge’s (department store) on my way home Saturday. They have a Food Hall which reminds me quite a bit of Whole Foods, or as my friend C calls it “Whole Pay checks”. It’s upscale food products as well as takeaway options. In Selfridges they have shelves dedicated to different regions of the world. I was embarrassed when I saw some of the things that the sold in the “American” aisle, things like strawberry marshmallow fluff and Lucky Charms cereal, really? That stuff is gross! But I couldn’t help but notice this holiday end cap which had Libby’s pumpkin, Stove Top Stuffing, and Borden’s canned egg nog on it. But the prices! I mean £4.49 for a box of Stove Top Stuffing?! I think one could probably cobble together some stale bread cubes and seasonings here in merry old England without having to buy a box of it for over $8.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe you can get your pumpkin pie a little easier this Thanksgiving, but you will probably pay a fortune for the individual spices that make up pumpkin pie spice.
Loving the blog...you are so good at it.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - Ive been looking for Borden Eggnog in the Uk for years. Just been searching the web for an hour and found this. I Love you. xx

Merry Christmas

Simon@williamsandrews.wanadoo.co.uk
(Of Charlotte N.C.)