Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tea by the Minster

After our meeting on Friday, we sat at an outdoor cafe and had a cup of tea, and I took this picture of the York Minster from my seat. It demonstrates what an absolutely beautiful day it was as well as how beautiful this church is. My boss and I decided instead of heading right to the train, we would take a tour and have some dinner in York.

As my boss and I sat with our other colleague drinking tea, the two of them were criticizing the weak tea that had been put in front of us. It reminded me of my years living in the South and how from the coaching of others, especially my friend B, I developed quite a discriminating palate for iced tea, especially sweet tea and how it was made. I am sure over time, I will be the same with hot tea in the UK!

1 comment:

Poodlebugz said...

Damn skippy about the tea! Luzianne is the best brand to use to make iced tea, hands down. I have a friend who now lives in Edmonton, Alberta, and I send him some Luzianne on occasion. The rest of his family sends him things like grits. Do you need grits? I can send you some! : ) Heck, I sent Johns' daughters some cinnamon Crest that they couldn't get in Costa Rica. You let me know, and I'll whip you up a care package. (Of course, Erik will demand a few Curly Wurly bars in return. They are like the old Marathon bars, and the boy is a fool for caramel and chocolate.)