Sunday, September 9, 2007

More of the Minster



The York Minster is a site to behold. It is the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe and you feel that when walking through the building. While this church was founded as a Catholic church, after Henry VIII, it became Church of England. If you know English history, this should be obvious, but it wasn't to me. When I walk in a gothic cathedral I assume it is Catholic. I believe that no matter where you are in your personal faith (don't get me started on my confusion!) one gets a sense of awe in walking through these churches, even if you only focus on all that people probably sacrificed to build something so beautiful. Not all churches are Cathedrals and not all churches are Minsters, but the York Minster is both. Research and discuss!

No comments: