Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lindy Hop in Anaheim

Before driving to California, as the girls slept I went down to the lobby of New York New York to have some coffee and finish Rosemary’s Baby, which I had started to read before the trip. As an aside if you’ve ever thought about reading the book, just see the film. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that was so faithfully brought to screen. It’s not a well-written book so Polanski’s adaptation is definitely better.


Anyway, they were playing some big band and Frank Sinatra and I thoroughly enjoyed this. While the girls walked around Downtown Disney later that night I headed to the live big band that was hosting a Lindy Hop dance contest. The music was so great. Big band music puts everyone in such a good mood. I was watching young and old approach break out into dance. Beautiful night, and fireworks to boot!





No comments: