Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Few Movie Suggestions

Driving to Idaho the other day reminded me a ton of the desolate scenery in the movie Winter’s Bone. I didn’t know after I watched it what I thought of it but I’ve thought about it quite a few times since then so it certainly made an impact. Besides catching up on old seasons of The Office and 30 Rock, I’ve watched a few good documentaries.


Here are some recommendations…

Banksy’s documentary Exit Through the Gift Shop

Chris Rock’s Good Hair

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

I also watched the controversial Joaquin Phoenix documentary I’m Still Here but I wouldn’t say I recommend it. It’s got some brilliant moments but most of it is hard to sit through.  His hair alone kept me interested.  It always makes me laugh when someone faces the world with bed head.

No comments: