Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Jiffy Lube

In September some of my colleagues from the UK came over for a series of meetings so we spent a great Sunday together. We went on a beautiful hike, did some sightseeing around Salt Lake City, and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant.


As we sat outside waiting for our table, the Jiffy Lube across the street caught their attention and they asked with a knitted brow what that was. Now keep in mind, of the four visitors only one of them has a driver’s license. The rest rely solely on public transport. I explained to them that the Jiffy Lube was exactly what the UK needed, a place to get a quick oil change which was non-existent and a point of stress for me when we lived there. My friend N responded with, “Oh J, I hope you didn’t go around England asking for a Jiffy Lube. That sounds so sexual”. Hahahaha, no I thought better of that.

No comments: