Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Driving - Something I Won't Miss

Let me say that I don't mind driving in the States and especially like a good road trip.  But I seriously will miss nothing related to driving in the UK. This past week with our exchange student I’ve been more of a taxi than ever and I’ve hated every minute of it. Car maintenance is ridiculously expensive, driving on narrow roads with everyone parked on the street is frustrating, and I’m ready to be back in the land of the enormous parking lot where parallel parking is rare. Yesterday I was taking one of A’s friends home. She gave me directions and told me to turn down this road that was named “The Clump”. If I didn’t see the sign I wouldn’t have believed it. I was amused for about 10 seconds and back to hating what I was doing.

This morning I was back to training it and happy to do so. 

No comments: