Friday, November 13, 2009

The Cook's Update

I’ve gotten a lot of questions about H’s job. He is enjoying the work but the hours are very long. He works six days a week and leaves the house about 8am and doesn’t get home until sometimes midnight. The restaurant business is interesting and he’s collecting some stories that’s for sure. I’m always amazed when he comes home and starts telling me a story about the evening and he mentions in passing that he cooked staff dinner or staff breakfast. He has to pick from available ingredients that aren’t too expensive and make a meal. Since I’m a recipe kind of cook and also pretty rusty in the kitchen I would find this the most stressful part of the work day! It doesn’t seem to bother him.


I’ve been enjoying doing some cooking again, although that dread of figuring out what we are going to eat every night always gets to me. Today I had to travel with a colleague to a customer site and both of us were griping about this very thing. He was sharing with me his go-to recipes when he’s out of ideas and I was doing the same.

No comments: