Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Skype and People

My friend Mel and I had a quick internet chat yesterday thanks to Skype. She had just mailed me some U.S. mail and included a few of the latest copies of People magazine, my favorite guilty pleasure. The conversation went something like this:

Mel – Hey did the Peoples arrive yet?

Me – I love you! They arrived today!

Mel – I don’t want you to embarrass yourself during watercooler conversation by saying something like, “Hey, did you hear Kirstie Alley lost 65 pounds?” only for someone to look pitifully at you and say, “Yeah and she gained it all back. Where have you been?”

Hahaha.

While I flipped through an issue last night it made me realize how out of touch I am with things back home. Not that this is always a bad thing. I haven't had to care yet about who Jon and Kate are, but they're on the cover of People!

1 comment:

Poodlebugz said...

Jon and Kate + 8 is the scariest show on television...and I won't even get into those Dugger people who have something like 47 kids and counting--seriously, the Dugger/Duggar mom has been preggo for the last 18 years.

That Kate is a scary woman in her own right, and the couple of times I've seen bits and pieces of the show (usually while waiting for What Not to Wear), I just feel sorry for Jon. He's walking around with the perpetual deer in the headlines look--"who are all these kids? Wasn't there just supposed to be 2? And, why did she make me get hair plugs? And, why is she always yelling at me?"