Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crisp Choices


While Americans like chips that are seasoned with sour cream and chive, barbecue, or cheddar cheese, the Brits like to roll the flavor of a whole dish onto their chip like prawn cocktail or roast chicken or steak and onion. Walkers Crisps which are as prevalent as Lays potato chips in the U.S. have launched a campaign to try out some new flavors. My friend L had sent me an U.S. news article that I first thought was a joke. It said that Walkers was selling a new chip that was called Cajun squirrel. I found them in the store today and bought a bag. All three of us tried them and we gave the flavor a thumbs down. Here’s a link to the website so you can see how crazy the flavors are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodie you tried them! So not quite the "you can't eat just one" results.

I'm just so proud of you all giving them a try though. You really are a brave bunch. Good for you.

ljparker

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more- they have the weirdest flavors of chips! I have found a few I like though- have you tried the Lime and Coriander chutney pompadours? They are quite good!

I did a similar post on my blog a while back about chip flavors here.