Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Interactions Today

When I left the house this morning my next door number excitedly swung open the door to ask what I thought of the results. She said they had been up most of the night watching the coverage. She said she never thought that there would ever be a black President in the United States. She was elated.

After I got to work I headed to the local newsstand to pick up some newspapers and stopped at the local Starbucks to get a coffee. The barista who knows me from my occasional visits asked me what I thought of the results. While we were both smiling, we got into a bit of an argument which left a line of patrons behind me until I finally said to him, “Hey, I come into an American coffee house, I would at least think I wouldn’t get hassled. Here’s my money, give me my celebratory latte!”

It has really been exciting hearing from my friends in the U.S. what the experience was like voting yesterday. Thank you for sharing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, What did you two argue about? Is Obama going to have to travel to Great Britain to resolve a conflict? L. Parker